VMware Workstation Pro 16.2.0 – Neowin
VMware Workstation provides a seamless way to access all of the virtual machines you need, regardless of where they are running. Remotely connect to virtual machines running on VMware vSphere, ESXi, or another copy of VMware Workstation. The Workstation web interface allows you to access local and server-hosted virtual machines from your PC, smartphone, tablet or any device with a modern browser. Run applications on multiple operating systems, including Linux, Windows, and more, at the same time on the same PC without rebooting. Evaluate and test new operating systems, applications, and patches in an isolated environment.
Take your productivity to the next level
- Run applications on multiple operating systems, including Linux, Windows, and more, at the same time on the same PC without rebooting.
- Evaluate and test new operating systems, applications, and patches in an isolated environment.
- Demonstrate complex software applications repeatably and reliably on a single laptop.
- Consolidate multiple computers with web servers, database servers, and so on into a single computer.
- Create reference architectures for evaluation prior to deployment to production.
- Simply drag and drop your virtual machines from your PC to vSphere or the cloud.
What’s new in VMware Workstation Pro 16.2.0:
This version contains security updates and bug fixes.
Vulkan renderer support for Intel, AMD and Nvidia GPUs on Linux
- Workstation 16.2.0 Pro supports Vulkan renderers on a Linux host with Intel, Nvidia and AMD GPUs. The Vulkan renderer has support for Direct3D 11 (and earlier) and OpenGL 4.1 (and earlier) in the guest.
Vulkan renderer support is limited to the following GPUs:
Intel Skylake and newer GPUs (e.g. Kaby Lake and Ice Lake)
- AMD RDNA / NAVI14 and newer GPUs (e.g. the Radeon RX / Pro 5300 and 5500 series)
- Note: Currently, use the AMDVLK driver for AMD GPUs. You can download the AMDVLK driver here.
- Nvidia Turing and newer GPUs (for example the RTX series)
- Note: Workstation uses the older OpenGL renderer for pre-Turing GPUs.
This version of VMware Workstation Pro resolves the following issue:
- Implemented security improvements related to the clipboard suggested by Albert Priego Bravo of Group-IB.
Product Support Notes
- Workstation 16.2.0 Pro no longer supports the shared virtual machine feature.
Download: VMware Workstation Pro 16.2.0 | 616.0 MB (Shareware)
View: VMware website
Receive notifications of all our software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware