St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
HopeNet is free St Jude Service that gives you secure, wireless access to Internet services, such as web browsing and email, from anywhere on campus. These include Tri Delta Place and Target House I and II.
Free WiFi access
To use HopeNet, you need a computer, laptop, smartphone, or device with wireless access. Using HopeNet is easy:
- Open the wireless connection function on your device.
- Select the HopeNet wireless network.
Third party VPN access
If you’re using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to remotely access your computer, it should work on HopeNet. Many companies use VPNs to allow employees to work away from the office. St Jude Can’t provide support for your corporate VPN. Please contact your VPN support or helpdesk if necessary.
Rules for using HopeNet
St Jude Information Services monitors activity on all computers using HopeNet. This includes personal laptops and St Jude computers. By using HopeNet, you agree that you will not:
- Engage in illegal or harmful behavior
- Display, store or send offensive, obscene, defamatory or copyrighted material
- Display, store, send, record or edit any type of sexually explicit image or document
- Do not harass or harass anyone
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to a computer system
St Jude has the right to restrict or terminate your access to HopeNet at any time if you violate this Agreement.
Protect yourself online
St Jude provides security measures on HopeNet. Despite this, your device may be exposed to viruses and other threats while using HopeNet. St Jude cannot and will not be held liable for any damage resulting from incorrect or incomplete security settings or a lack of adequate and up-to-date antivirus protection. Help protect your device while using HopeNet and other network services by:
- ·Make sure you have the latest antivirus software installed
- Use of an up-to-date web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
- Update your operating system and applications regularly
- Activate the privacy and security settings in your web browser
- Be wary of pop-ups when browsing the web
- Be wary of suspicious emails
Help at HopeNet
If you need help using HopeNet, please call St Jude Helpdesk at 901-595-2000 (ext. 2000 if you are in the hospital).
How to rent equipment
If you need to borrow an iPad, laptop, or headphones during your time on campus, the hospital’s TechShare program/Family Resource Center can assist you.
- Visit the Family Resource Center counter. It is located in the north lobby of the Patient Care Center (PCC) between the Leukemia and Lymphoma Clinic and the Infusion Center (aka the Medicine Room).
- The devices are available on weekdays from 8:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on a first-come, first-served basis
- Patients or carers aged 18 and over can try the devices.
- Use the items only while on campus. Items must remain on campus at all times.
- The devices have aids to support people with hearing or visual impairments.
The center also offers copy, print, fax, and scan services.
- HopeNet offers patients and families free, secure Internet access from anywhere in the world St Jude Campus.
- To use HopeNet, you must have your own computer, laptop, smartphone, or device with wireless access.
- Visitors and guests can also use the HopeNet network.
- You can check out devices through the TechShare program/Family Resource Center.