Senior Systems Analyst (Remote) at Datafin Recruitment
IF you enjoy complex analyzes and still get your hands dirty with code, then your expertise as a senior systems analyst with a future-oriented software specialist is in demand. Your core task is to translate user requirements into functional design specifications using object orientation, UML and industry-defined design patterns. This includes design and analysis for a large software suite spanning legacy assets and integration with new systems. You need a degree/diploma in IT/engineering, at least 6 years in a similar role with strong knowledge of Delphi, Java/J2EE/JEE/Jakarta, C/C++, WebLogic, Windows, Unix, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL , UML and solid knowledge of best practices and frameworks related to the development of software solutions within the IT landscape.
- Develop user requirements: Analyze the business needs and help the company define the business requirements and specifications.
- Design solutions: Take high-level business plans, ideas, problems or requirements and translate them into concrete functional specifications/use cases.
- Create Design Presets: Create design specifications that describe how the solution will integrate with business processes and products, as well as existing IT infrastructure. The design specification includes sequence diagrams, class models, design patterns, software architecture, and software architecture design.
- Supervise technical implementation:
- Maintain overall responsibility for system design aspects of technical implementation.
- Participate in project management, change control and delivery.
- Ensuring the overall contribution to software quality assurance.
- Design Ratings:
- Submit designs in the Design Review Forum.
- Contribute through active participation.
- System documentation and modelling: Ensure documentation processes are followed and designs are accurately reflected in the UML master model.
- Communication: Ensure continuous communication with all relevant stakeholders.
- knowledge transfer: Provide consulting, solution support and mentoring for junior analysts.
- Degree or Diploma in IT or Engineering.
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience as a systems analyst.
- Project life cycle and software development methods
- Strong working experience in different software technologies (Delphi, Java/J2EE/JEE/Jakarta, C/C++, WebLogic, Windows, Unix, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL etc.).
- Exposure to version control software (e.g. Rational ClearCase, etc.).
- Knowledge of telecommunications.
- Solid understanding of client/server and integration technologies.
- Working knowledge of UML and UML related case tools (e.g. Rational Rose, Enterprise Architect etc.).
- Analytical, confident, enthusiastic.
- detail oriented.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- You must be able to work independently as well as be a team player.
- Willingness to improve and grow with position.
We would be happy to respond to any application, however if you are not contacted within 10 working days for this position please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying, make sure you meet the minimum requirements. JustSA citizens are being considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of one of the positions, please make a note of your relocation plans in all applications and correspondence. Please email a Word copy of your resume to [Email Address Removed] and indicate the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment jobs in Cape Town.