Senior Full Stack Java Developer
- An exciting opportunity awaits an experienced software developer in this field who is looking to advance his career as a full-stack senior Java web application developer with responsibility for the development and technical leadership of healthcare solutions.
- This senior role works within a cross-functional, agile software development team and focuses not only on maintaining and supporting the current SA application suite, but also on the modernization, interoperability and improved usability of these applications according to Clients International architecture and technology guidelines.
Roles and responsibilities
- The main responsibilities of this role focus on the architecture, technical leadership, solution delivery, support and most importantly the quality of these new solutions.
- Solution that not only improves the Clients SA product offering, but together with our international development teams improves the product offering of the international business.
- We are therefore looking for an energetic and committed personality who is independent and works both in a team and independently.
- Your knowledge and experience in designing and developing high-quality solutions, as well as your ability to learn new technologies, are invaluable and paramount to ensure the progress and successful implementation of these solutions.
Education & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business informatics, computer science or a related field
- At least 3 years experience in application development and design at senior level
- Proven experience in providing architectural direction and technical leadership
- End-to-end (full stack) development of web-based Java solutions
- Applying object-oriented design concepts and writing modular OO applications in Java (Spring, J2EE)
- Building solutions in a microservice architecture (Docker experience highly desirable)
- Development and integration of solutions with SOAP and/or RESTful web services using XML and/or JSON formats.
- Swing, Maven, Jenkins
- Working with post-relational and relational SQL databases
- Prior knowledge of Bootstrap, jQuery, Node.js or MVC frameworks such as React or AngularJS
- Experience in implementing applications with an ESB (Enterprise Service Bus)
- Practical knowledge of Atlassian Jira and Confluence would be an advantage
Main areas of responsibility (but not limited to)
- Check the requirements and specifications
- solution design
- Develop work estimates as part of Scrum planning
- Enhance, maintain and support current SA legacy applications
- Debug and/or refactor existing applications and software modules as needed
- Build clean, modular web-based SaaS applications in an agile and ever-changing environment
- Provide architectural guidance and technical leadership to support the broader development team with technical support and guidance
- Help complete application modernization and migration initiatives successfully
- Interact with other technical staff such as IT, QA and technical writers
- Support and mentoring of young team members
- Be willing to work evenings and/or weekends to meet project deadlines or deal with urgent support matters
- Respond quickly to critical support issues
- Senior Full Stack Java Developer