QRCS launches #DevotionToGaza campaign [EN/AR] – Occupied Palestinian Territory
August 13, 2022 – Doha: Under the License of the Regulatory Authority for Charitable Activities (RACA) No. LC2022QRCR01-000019, the Qatar Red Crescent Society (QRCS) has launched a 10 million QR donation campaign titled #DevotionToGaza with the aim of implementation a series of projects aimed at the early recovery of 57,896 people affected by the recent events in Gaza. Ali bin Hassan Al-Hammadi, Secretary General of QRCS, stated: “The Gaza tragedy continues, with recurring wars and 15 years of blockade. Once again, the occupying Israeli forces have just attacked Gaza, inflicting even more pain and suffering on the Palestinians there. Incessant air raids destroyed people’s homes and made them, their wives and children unsafe.” “Qatar Red Crescent Society (QRCS) is listening to your pleading voices and reaching out a humanitarian hand to the people of Qatar to soothe their wounds and support them in such difficult conditions. QR10 million in emergency humanitarian assistance will be launched to secure food, health, water and sanitation, and shelter assistance to help reverse the effects of war, strengthen Gaza’s resilience, and allow recovery from this ordeal “, he added. According to the humanitarian intervention plan, many life-saving projects are implemented as follows:
- Supporting hospitals and health centers with medicines, medical devices and consumables to treat 8,571 patients and injured people.
- Provision of pediatric intensive care units (PICUs) with medical beds and equipment to benefit 250 sick children.
- Provided medical equipment and endoscopes to three local hospitals to ensure quality care for 8,000 patients and injured.
- Provided support and rehabilitation services, including physical aids and medical supplies, to 475 children and elderly with disabilities.
- Digging wells and building water supply systems to provide drinking water for 14,000 people.
- Distribution of month-long food parcels of local staples to 5,000 affected families or 25,000 people.
- Restoring and rehabilitating damaged houses and providing solar energy to 150 poor families or 750 people.
- Providing one-time cash assistance and training to 850 needy people to support their livelihoods. QRCS will work with the Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS) to carry out these projects. Since opening its representative office in Gaza in 2008, QRCS has implemented more than 90 projects in healthcare, hospital and health center rehabilitation, medical staff training and emergency relief distribution, with a total value of more than $110 million . These operations strengthened the health system’s ability to provide quality services to the population, thereby helping to improve humanitarian conditions and alleviate the effects of the 15-year blockade of the Gaza Strip. QRCS had already provided US$1.1 million (QR 4.2 million) in immediate emergency response to the humanitarian crisis by providing basic needs of food, water and sanitation, shelter and health care to 60,250 civilian beneficiaries, those most affected by the humanitarian crisis war. For those willing to stand by the vulnerable people of Gaza, QRCS receives their donations to the Devotion to Gaza campaign through its website (www.qrcs.qa/pal) or the SMS website (https://qrcs.qa/ p/); Send the ✌ symbol to 92552 (QR 250), 92869 (QR 350), 92092 (QR 500), or 92246 (QR 1,000); Call Home Donation Service (33998898), Donor Service (66666364), or Call Center (44027777); or by bank transfer to the following accounts: • Dukhan Bank (IBAN: QA37BRWA000000000000094340). • QNB (IBAN: QA48QNBA000000000850020196061). • QIIB (IBAN: QA66QIIB000000001111126666003).