Minecraft: Java Edition 1.19.1 brings player reporting and other security features
what you need to know
- Mojang Studios is releasing a new Minecraft: Java Edition update with a handful of new features and fixes.
- Minecraft: Java Edition 1.19.1 is highlighted by its improved security features for players, but also offers the possibility of avoiding duplicates.
- With the update, chats are more secure and supported by a live moderated player reporting feature.
- Patch 1.19 “The Wild Update” is now available for all Minecraft: Java Edition players.
The latest evolutionary update for the older PC version of Minecraft is here, as Mojang Studios has started rolling out Minecraft: Java Edition 1.19.1 to all players. This update is relatively modest overall, but adds a handful of new features in addition to regular bug fixes and technical updates.
The most outstanding addition to this update is undoubtedly the addition of player reporting, which massively improves the security of chats in Minecraft. If you have questions about the feature, Mojang Studios has put together a helpful page FAQ that breaks down how player reports is working. Allays can also duplicate after this update, making it easier for players to get more blue friends in their worlds.
Minecraft 1.19 “The Wild Update” has been out in the wild for a while, so to speak, but Mojang Studios is far from done with the iteration. Minecraft: Java Edition remains one of the most successful PC games in the world, and it only does so with consistent and regular improvement. Minecraft: Java Edition 1.19.1 is now available for players to download.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Java Edition 1.19.1 contains:
features and fixes
- The chat scroll bar has been moved to the right
- When typing a message, the signature status of the displayed chat message is shown with a colored indicator
- The indicator appears either to the left of the chat input field or to the left of the chat preview when chat preview is in use
- The indicator is blue when the displayed message is signed
- The indicator is orange when chat preview is enabled and a preview is waiting to be signed
- The chat preview background also appears slightly faded when a preview is waiting to be signed
- Added a warning toast when connecting to a server that doesn’t enforce secure chat
- The list of players on the Social Interactions screen now places entries for players with recent messages at the top of the list
- Added On Send chat preview option to update chat preview only when attempting to send a message
- A second press of the Enter/Return key is required to confirm sending a message
- The previous ON setting has been renamed to When Typing
- In “As you type” mode, the chat preview no longer shows a preview if the message hasn’t been modified by the server
- Chat preview is now enabled in single player and is displayed when using commands that have selector substitution, such as B. /say
- Hover events and click events in the preview are highlighted with a solid color background
Chat Trust Status
- Messages not signed using the Secure Chat system or tampered with by the server are now flagged
- Messages with missing or invalid signatures are flagged as Not Secure.
- Messages that are recognized as modified are marked as “modified”.
- The trust status of messages is shown with both a colored indicator and an icon
- The colored indicator is always visible
- The icon is only visible when the chat screen is open
- Hovering over the icon gives you more information about the trust status
- In the case of modified messages, the original safe text is also displayed in the tooltip
- System messages (non-player chat, e.g. command output) are displayed with a gray color indicator
- It is now possible to report a player for sending offensive messages in game chat
- A reporter must select the individual chat messages containing the objectionable content and the category of the report to provide our moderation team with the best context to take action
- It is accessed through the social interaction screen.
- Multiple chat messages can be selected for reporting
- Additional chat messages related to this selection will also be used to provide further context for our moderation team
- The report category can be selected from a list of report categories
- The Report Categories screen has a Learn About Reporting button that links to a help article
- Additional comments can be entered to provide more details and information about the report
Bans & Bans
- The game now displays a notification screen on startup if you have been banned from online play
- The reason for the ban is displayed as well as how long it is in effect
- A message filtered by the Java Realms profanity filter is now marked with a yellow marker
- Players will be notified if a chat message they sent has been fully filtered for one or more receiving players on the realm
- Allays will dance to a record playing on a jukebox
- If the Allay is given an Amethyst Shard while dancing, it will be duplicated
- Duplication has a 5 minute cooldown
- Sculk Catalysts now drop 5 XP instead of 20 XP
- More than 50 bugs have been fixed in this version
- The chat input box no longer applies to glyphs with custom fonts with negative progress or glyphs with progress over 32
- Chat types added to the `chat_types` registry are now only used for player chats and not for system messages
- Removed “system” and “game_info” chat types
- Chat types have been simplified and now only need to define “Chat” and “Narrative” decorations
- Chat types no longer support overlays
- Instead, a system message should be used to display overlays
- The msg_command chat type has been split into msg_command_incoming and msg_command_outgoing
- Team_msg_command chat type has been split into team_msg_command_incoming and team_msg_command_outgoing
- The chat type parameter “team_name” has been renamed to “target”.
- This chat type parameter is now used by `msg_command_outgoing`
- The run_command click event for text components no longer supports sending chat messages directly
- Only commands are supported
- This means that values must now always be prefixed with a `/`
- Commands like `/say` that produce a signed player chat message are not allowed
- `/tellraw` should be used instead
- Added game events:
Secure multiplayer chat signing
- The order of chat messages is now cryptographically verified
- This is used to validate the context of chat messages for player reports
- enforce-secure-profile is now set to true by default for dedicated servers
- Insecure chat messages logged on the server are prefixed with `[Not Secure]` day
- Custom servers can set their own autocomplete options for regular chats via a new network package
- Custom servers can hide player chat messages from display via a new network package
- This will not delete player chat messages from chat logs