Mid-Senior Java Developer (JHB) at Datafin Recruitment
ENVIRONMENT: Centurion is looking for the programming talents of a mid-senior Java developer who is familiar with the telecommunications sector, a dynamic provider of the most modern wireless technology solutions. Your role includes responsibility for developing new products, systems, and services, which may include the front-end and database layers, as well as integration with third-party applications as per the requirements specifications. You need experience with headless Java applications, i.e. back end applications / services, SQL, MySQL / MariaDB, Postgres, SOAP, JSON, Telco protocols like SMPP and Diameter, socket programming in Java, know your way around Linux systems and basic troubleshooting and tracing (think of: Wireshark, tcpdump, ping, etc.).
- Become part of a team of experienced developers who develop solutions for customers in the telecommunications and banking industries.
- Familiarize yourself with and adhere to the development environment, tools, and procedures, including Project Office procedures.
- Take responsibility for assigned tasks as part of project activities in the
- Development of new products, systems and services, which can include the front-end and database layers as well as the integration into third-party applications according to the requirements specifications.
- Further development of existing products, systems and services.
- Cooperation with project teams, suppliers and customers.
- Offer help and support to your colleagues if necessary.
- Perform unit tests prior to delivery to the quality control team.
- Support the quality control team in investigating reported inquiries and deficiencies.
- Handover and exchange of knowledge to the support team with the necessary documentation.
- Attend knowledge sharing sessions aimed at the development team.
- Generate reports, manuals, and other documentation as needed.
- Headless Java applications, i.e. back-end applications / services.
- Knowledge of SQL and the use of MySQL / MariaDB and Postgres databases.
- Telco protocols such as SMPP and Diameter.
- Java communication technologies such as SOAP, JSON, etc.
- Dealing with high volume of messages (think: thousands of text messages per second).
- Socket programming in Java.
- Safe thread programming.
- Familiarize yourself with large Linux systems.
- Experience in basic troubleshooting and traceability (think: Wireshark, tcpdump, ping, etc.).
We would like to respond to every application, but if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.COMMENTS: When applying to Make sure you meet the minimum requirements for the position. JustSA citizens are considered for this role. If you are not at the named location of one of the positions, please note your relocation plans in all applications for positions and correspondence. Please email a Word copy of your resume to [Email Address Removed] and state the reference numbers of the positions. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.