Lone Star Emmy + Carpio + Coffee Day + ZOO BOO + Jurassic Quest
Have a nice Monday, neighbors! Let’s keep you all posted on what’s happening on the ground to start with an informed note today.
Are you a local business owner or marketer in San Antonio? Our top notch local sponsorship will keep at the top of the inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the low point.
First the weather today:
Mostly cloudy during the day. High: 91 Low: 71.
Here are the top stories in San Antonio today:
- Last weekend the stars shone brightly in the Lone Star State! News 4 and Fox San Antonio 14th deserved Lone Star Emmy Nominations! The choices ranged “from general excellence to tough news reports”. Were among the chosen ones News 4 San Antonio: Here 4 you-Dean Radla to the Overall excellence, and Texas Election Night: Luis Escamilla, Keith McMahan, Blaise Labbe to the Technical performance. Good luck to you and the other nominees and keep smiling! (FOX 29)
- Ana Maria Carpio held a 19th birthday celebration in the past Saturday for her deceased son, Sebastian Carpiowho was murdered a year ago. Friends and family accompanied them to the memorial that took place around San Fernando Cemetery # 3to offer their support in their struggle for justice. “On Thursday September 30th, she plans to bring the community to the Bexar County Youth Juvenile detention center where the suspect arrested for this case is currently in custody. “The meeting takes place at 9:00 am and invites families with similarly tragic situations to come and hear their voices.KSAT San Antonio)
- Prepare your mugs! National Coffee Day comes on Wednesday September 29th! Many new Java offers will be brewing San Antonio, including free and discounted coffee, as well as “multiple online deals”. Some of the places where you can find these hot deals are 7-Eleven, Circle K and Dunkin donuts. For more locations and updates, see: (KSAT 12)
- ZOO BOO! I watch you The San Antonio Zoo! This not scary Halloween Family celebration is presented by Valero advantage for children and is open daily until Sunday October 31st. Children are invited to dress up and take part in a daily costume contest to win a zoo prize package. The event is included in regular admission and free for Zoo annual pass owner and Monthly members. To purchase tickets and get an event schedule, visit: (San Antonio Zoo)
- the Jurassic Quest Traveling exhibition is up here in town Sunday 3rd October, In the San Antonio Freeman Coliseum! Hike with the dinosaurs, enjoy dinosaur-themed rides, and play and learn through interactive art and science activities. The whole family is sure to have fun! For more information and to purchase tickets visit: (San Antonio stream)
Today in San Antonio:
- Frida Kahlo oasis – San Antonio Botanical Garden (9:00 in the morning)
- Writers Lab open with Dario Beniquez and Robert Allen – Zoom (6:30 in the evening)
- Salsa Cumbia Class – Salon Mexico (19.00)
- To squeeze Concert – Tobin Center for the Performing Arts (19:30 o’clock)
San Antonio Patch Notebook
- FC San Antonio: “No place like home. Nice to be back here tonight.” (Instagram)
- San Antonio Pets Live !: “Andy, officially known as dog, was adopted by San Antonio Animals alive! in January. He is an athletic 51 pound. Shepherd mix and have a great life as a dog should! “(Instagram)
- Visit San Antonio: “The fruteria moves from day to night with fresh, bright flavors of Mexico. YesHere you will find delicious food at any time of the day! “(Instagram)
- San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo: “We recently got ours Cowgirls live forever Event where we were honored Tina Altgelt Haynes. Tina was an influential member of Cowboys live forever and has helped continue our mission to educate the youth of Texas! Thanks very much Tina! “(Facebook)
- San Antonio Symphony: “Do not miss your chance to experience the sounds of the largest small orchestra in the world – Pink Martini, with lead singer China Forbes! Tickets for the January 11, 2022 Shows are now being sold to the general public. “(Instagram)
Did you know you can feature your local business here at the San Antonio Daily for just $ 79 a month? Click here to get started.
Now you’re up to date and ready to walk out the door this Monday. Up soon! If you like these newsletters, consider bringing some friends and neighbors on board with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Gabriela Couvillion
About me: I am an active mother of two adult sons and life sentence in San Antonio. I have a BA in Spanish from the University of Texas at San Antonio and in my spare time I immerse myself in creative writing. Thank you for reading Patch and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any news and events that you think our readers might like!
Do you have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming San Antonio Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.